Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented individual to join the team as Senior Software Engineer. This role requires working across various customer-facing components to build out world-class experiences for DIRTY LEMON, The Drug Store, and other Iris Nova brands.
You'll be working with a smart, cutting-edge team to further push forward innovation in conversational, e-commerce, and retail experiences in line with the Iris Nova vision of building the future of direct-to-consumer experiences. You will be expected to manage, plan, and lead various projects from ideation to completion.
The best candidate should be excited and engaged in leading development for various projects across the Iris Nova technicalt team. They should be able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; willing to push hard to be innovative; provide guidance and leadership; and communicate clearly. This position reports directly to our CTO.
Candidates for this position must also be able to provide or demonstrate having:
- 4-8 years experience in building quality production-level features with focus in e-commerce & retail operations
- 1-3 years leadership experience with ability to manage in-office and remote team members
- Primary working experience with Ruby on Rails &/or NodeJS
- Knowledgable with GraphQL, RabbitMQ, server-less technologies
- Experience with testing using CircleCI, Rspec, Mocha, Jest, or similar
- Experience with conversational interfaces (chatbots) also a bonus
- Be detail-oriented and thoughtful when working in complex projects and workflows
This is a full-time position based in our SoHo office in New York City.
Competitive salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.
We're committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups in our industry.