Senior Accountant / Staff Accountant
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and driven person to join the team as a Staff Accountant / Senior Accountant. Dirty Lemon is a true start-up, so you will be asked to wear many different hats and take initiative to get things done. Your primary responsibility will be to handle daily company bookkeeping and accounting needs, control spending against budget/plan, and create reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders. You will also be expected to identify and implement improvements to our processes and hold accounts responsible for meeting payment expectations and controlling outgoing cash to payable vendors. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Daily Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Tax Filings. Perform full cycle bookkeeping for individual and multiple company entities through QuickBooks and related software tools; use appropriate modules; prepare journal entries, transfer funds, write checks, make deposits, create invoices, receive payments, enter bills, pay bills, bank reconciliations, etc. Ensure all entries are properly recorded, documented and filed.
- Company-wide Financial Support. Provide all around support and assistance to the Controller / CFO in accounting, GL, AR, AP, period close, finance, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, banking, payroll, financial and other reporting, audit, tax, compliance, internal & external relations, meetings and presentations, management and administration, communications, clerical functions, office operations, special projects and duties, etc., as may be assigned.
- Financial Reporting. Maintain integrity of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, account reconciliations, tracking reports, supporting schedules, ad-hoc reports, KPIs and financial metrics, existing and new management reports; Use Excel and other tools to prepare, participate and assist with various daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, for internal and external users; ensure that financial management and all other reporting is timely, accurate, consistent, relevant and complete.
- Records Control and Documentation. Assist and execute in the development, documentation, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, controls, and reporting activities to improve departmental efficiencies and process.
- Bill Payment / Accounts Payable. You are responsible for making sure that all bills are thoroughly vetted and paid on time. You will create and manage the Purchase Order process, evaluate credit terms for all purchases and work to achieve a minimum of 30 day credit terms with all suppliers.
- Collections / Accounts Receivable. In this capacity, you will make certain that all payments due to the company are collected with at least a 90% collection rate within AR terms. You will create and manage the invoicing process. You will assess the company’s payment processing rates every 6 months to negotiate the lowest price possible.
The perfect candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented, and passionate about accounting. This position will communicate directly with the COO and CFO daily to ensure the financial stability of the company is maintained. This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communication with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual to fill this role & add value to the team.
- We require you to have a diploma from a four-year college or university.
- Four (4) years’ experience in Accounting, preferably with a food, beverage,fashion, or cosmetics company.
- You must be a guru in Microsoft Excel.
- Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a flexible schedule
- Exceptional writing ability, both business and creative
- Entrepreneurially driven; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Full of fresh ideas; skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and working on simultaneous projects
- Solutions oriented; propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
Competitive salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.