Beverage Director - The Drug Store
The Drug Store is a conceptual cocktail experience developed by Iris Nova to test new beverage concepts before they’re produced in bottled format on a national scale — the format of each Drug Store location encourages intimate, shareable experiences in an upscale cocktail lounge. Each Drug Store features a rotating range of flavor and function focused libations with optional spirits pairings to compliment each menu selection.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Beverage Director for The Drug Store - both NYC locations.
The Beverage Director is a critical role in the development of The Drug Store at scale. This position is responsible for bar staffing, beverage development, culture and profitability of the bar program. He/She is responsible for providing the guest with a positive experience through exceptional product knowledge, cocktail service, strong sales skills and a positive attitude.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities include:
- Work within a highly creative team to further the development of a world class cocktail program — Must have a passion for craftsmanship and impeccable attention to detail.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all bartenders to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of each location.
- Work closely with the General Manager and staff to oversee floor management, cocktail menus development and daily flow of guests.
- Understanding of classic and modern cocktail techniques.
- Build and train bar staff while creating and maintaining a professional, collaborative work environment.
- Develop training programs and lead ongoing education — Make recommendations to improve current systems.
- Oversee the storage and organization of all alcoholic products, adhering to the proper organization and temperature standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills — customer service oriented and proactive. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day bar operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communication with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual with self-starting tendencies and a bias towards action. The ideal candidate will feel confident representing The Drug Store and building key relationships to drive volume per location:
- 5+ years of beverage management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of cocktails, spirits & beer including technical and service aspects. Comprehensive knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, safety rules, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, team members, vendors and guests in a professional manner.
**Note: this managerial position may require some bartending and shift work
Competitive Salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.